2021 Online registration now live!!
For all new and returning Okotoks BMX members, club registration is being processed for the 2021 season. Cost per rider for the season is $100. All riders must obtain a 2021 Alberta Bicycle License to ride on our track, which is available online through the Alberta Bicycle Association. Steps on how to obtain club membership and order a license online are detailed below.
Riders must have both an UCI license from the Alberta Bicycle Association and a current Okotoks BMX Club Membership to participate in any club events.
Purchase a General Okotoks BMX Club Membership:
- Before registering for a Okotoks BMX club membership you must first obtain a ABA UCI license (see below for more details)
- Register for a club membership HERE
- A $300 volunteer deposit (up to $500 per family for multiple riders) via cheque or debit will be required in order for paperwork to be processed. If families complete their volunteer requirements for the season, they will get their deposit back.
Families with multiple riders
Any family with 3 or more riders will receive a discount on the club membership fees. The first 2 riders are full price and every rider thereafter will be 1/2 price.
Riders racing more than 1 class
Any rider racing both 20″ and Cruiser will receive a discount. Your 20″ membership will be full price and your Cruiser membership will be 1/2 price.
Riders must have a valid UCI license BEFORE registering for a Okotoks BMX club membership.
The UCI license is issued by ABA (Alberta Bicycle Association) and there are a few licensing options available to you. More information on the different licenses available can be found here are the ABA website.
Due to unknown COVID-19 restriction changes, Okotoks BMX recommends a UCI “General Membership (non-racing)” ($41) or a “U17 General Membership (non-racing)” for riders under 17 ($31) for the 2021 season.
- A UCI General Membership will allow the rider to participate in Okotoks club hosted coaching and racing. Riders will not be able to participate in events hosted by any other Alberta track (Alberta Cup series, Friday Night Lights series etc.)
- Should COVID-19 restriction allow, a UCI General Membership can be upgraded throughout the season to allow you to travel to another track to race. However a full racing license cannot be downgraded to a General Membership.
CLICK HERE for the ABA 2021 Registration Page to fill out your license application FIRST. You will be asked to provide a receipt number in the Okotoks BMX Club Registration Page.
**Please note: General Memberships provide insurance for your rider to train and compete at Okotoks BMX Club only. Your rider will not be able to advance in ability (i.e. novice to intermediate) or collect district points. Riders will still collect Club Points towards the Okotoks BMX Annual Awards.
A full Racing “UCI License” allows the rider to advance in ability, collect district points and compete at events hosted by other Alberta tracks.