This code of conduct is to influence our participants/parents/spectators to act and communicate in a way that is supportive towards others. Please review the following, it is an important part of our identity and will act as a foundation for our goals towards professionalism, comradeship and sportsmanship amongst our riders at Okotoks BMX.
Our code of conduct will be enforced at all sanctioned BMX club events within Alberta
- No rider /parent/spectator is to make offensive, disparaging or insulting remarks about any rider, official, volunteer or spectator. This includes any type of harassment or name calling, discrimination of one’s skill level, age, ethnic background, marital status and/or occupation. Okotoks BMX supports confidence and positive attitudes.
- No rider/parent/spectator is to make threats or use physical violence towards any other rider, official, volunteer or spectator. The use of profanity, abusive language or threatening behavior towards a rider, parent or track official will not be tolerated.
- Unsportsmanlike behavior or intentional abuse of equipment will not be accepted.
- We ask that parents and spectators focus on your child’s effort and performance, rather than the race results. Ridicule and verbal abuse for a mistake on the track will not be tolerated.
- Parents and spectators must encourage riders to obey all the rules of the track and events.
- Remember that children learn by example. Encourage all participants to resolve conflict without hostility.
- Respect and show appreciation for the volunteers who give their time to the event and track.
- Riders will wear all mandatory gear (please refer to okotoksbmx.com – new rider information for all details).
- Be on time for all club sanctioned events.
- Social Media communications should be restricted to club matters, must not offend, intimidate, humiliate or bully any member or be misleading, false or injure the reputation of members or others. Communications should also seek to protect the privacy of members and must not bring the club or sport into disrepute.
- The consumption of intoxicants or illegal drugs, performance enhancing or social, by riders/parents at any BMX event is prohibited. Anybody consuming alcohol/drugs during an event will have the rider they are associated with disqualified from the event and both the rider and family will be required to leave the premises immediately.
- Smoking is prohibited within the confines of the grounds in which the track is situated on and within the parking lot adjacent to the facility.